Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Finally! An excuse to use my pretty cups!

Gah! I have such a hard time figuring out what to eat every day!
I feel like I'm not doing anything, so I don't have to eat as much. But I am doing stuff, and I get hungry eventually -- you know, cuz I'm human.
Without a fixed schedule, it's been really hard for me to define an eating routine (and I love my routines). Sometimes I'm not hungry right away for breakfast and then all of a sudden it's lunch or closer to 2 and I think, I should eat cuz I'm starving, but supper's going to be soon and that's the one meal I definitely eat regularly. It's just been so frustrating trying to figure it out.
Anyway, on those days when I'm not immediately hungry (like today), I've been trying to snack instead of having a complete lunch (also hard because I've never been a snacker). I've been really hooked on plain rice cakes with peanut butter and jam or honey, but I'm all out of those. So today I decided to whip up a peanut butter banana shake and slice up some apples.
I don't know where I originally found this recipe (so if it's yours leave a comment and I'll link it), but it's easy and fast and you don't have to have milk on hand (good for us because we don't really like milk so it's very rarely in the fridge)
Peanut Butter & Banana Shake
2 frozen bananas
1 tblsp honey
1 tblsp peanut butter
1 cup water
Blend all that up in a blender until nice and frothy! Enjoy in a fancy cup!

No comments: