Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Now I should go and swiffer the stick off my kitchen floor.


Crabapple jelly (ingredients: crabapples, sugar). The colour is so pretty, and the taste is slightly tart and tangy with a hint of sweet.

Our first batch (read: two jars only) was more like crabapple gummy paste. We had no idea how long to boil it, so we ended up boiling most of the water out. I hope I have one of those jars and T has the other. It would be really sad if one of us got both jars because I doubt that batch is even spreadable. Chewable, but not spreadable.


Peach jam (ingredients: peaches, sugar). So sweet, a little tangy, but mostly sweet. I think this would be excellent on chicken, too.

T seems to think the first batch of this was slightly screwed up as well, but I have no way to confirm it.


Frozen plum slices.

Admittedly, we were going to make the plums into jam as well, but when I went to check on them the day before, I found that most of them had started to turn. So I made the executive decision to freeze them. It's too bad because they were so ripe and sweet and juicy straight off the tree, I think they would have made fabulous jam. Oh well, maybe next year.

We also made applesauce (ingredients: apple), but I decided not to take pictures of that since it looks, well, like applesauce and that's not exactly a very pretty and photogenic food.

I started typing food like this, 'phood'. My eyes must still be hungover from staring into a pot all yesterday.

No comments: