Thursday, November 4, 2010

a breath of fresh air

This is my first day home from taking pictures of land for a photography job . I can't tell you how difficult it is taking pictures of bare land. Especially at this time of year. It feels like there's absolutely nothing (pretty) to focus on. On the other hand, there's something so incredibly calming about large empty (quiet) spaces. It's something extremely rare in the city.

Here are some outtakes:

the sun was an unexpected challenge

gloves don't work very well for blocking the light!

I loved these so much I had to pair them

3 comments:

Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot said...

Oh cool! You got a photography job? I'm jealous!

Deborah said...

Want to know more about your photography job! You are a great photographer. Food especially, but this is lovely!

GALaxy said...

Aww thanks! Basically, I was just taking photos that will appear for a real estate listing. Nothing fancy. I wanted to highlight some of the best features of the land which is really hard to do when everything is brown! I also took some photos of it in the summer, so I really hope they use those pictures, too. Fluffy clouds are infinitely more appealing than grey skies.