Friday, July 13, 2012

friday fixations



{henri the existential cat} So brooding. (And don't miss the love note from Anais Mittins.)

{our new bed} After our hotel experience, we set ourselves on the task of recreating the bed. We stumbled on an amazing one day sale last month, so we've found the perfect bed match and this week, we've finally slept on it (don't even get me started on The Bay and their terrible customer service). I think the bed's paying off already. I put in a lot of work on the garden the other day and not a bone or joint is sore. It's like I didn't work at all. I'm giving credit to the bed.

{t-rex disco} Yes!

{spitz} Yeah, the sunflower seeds. I'm totally addicted to them right now. I think my favourite flavour is the cracked black pepper. It's really spicy! Besides that, they keep my hands busy (and away from worse snacks).

{ask a zombie} This is full of laughs.


{ombre nail polish} I kinda used a mix of this tutorial and this tutorial to get my ombre effect. I think the results are pretty fantastic (it's hard to tell in the picture) and the technique is almost easier than applying polish normally. I think I'm going to fiddle with more colour combos, but the next one I do, I'm definitely going to apply a coat (or two) of the lighter shade before sponging on the ombre. I think the effect will be more... pronounced, though I do like nail polish that's not too blaring.

{bra fitting} I think my whole life has been plagued by this problem. I found this information so helpful and eye-opening! (And using their techniques, I just bought the best bra I've ever owned in my whole life.)

this has potential Ask Amy. Amy Poehler gives heartfelt advice to those who ask. I thought it would be funnier, but it was too sincere and nice for me to completely write it off. (I like it when girls are positive towards other girls.)

No comments: